Big Thanksgiving Question: What’s Open On That Day?
I don’t know about you, but there are some Thanksgivings when I need to go shopping either in SF or nearby locales. Sometimes it’s for something I forgot for the turkey dinner. Other times, it’s to get in on some too-good-to-miss sales. And then, right after Thanksgiving, there’s Black Friday.
But as we all know most stores are closed on Thanksgiving. So. What’s open on this traditional day of gratitude and community sharing?
Here’s a helpful list:
- There will be a few shops open on Union Square, if you want to check the square out. About 75% of the shops will be open at Pier 39.
- Target is planning on opening its doors at 6pm on Thanksgiving and stay open till midnight. Six hours later, the store will open for Black Friday at 6am.
- Macy’s will be open 5pm to 10pm on Thanksgiving Day, and on Black Friday.
Other retailers open on Turkey Day around the Bay Area are:
- Bass Pro Shops – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m Thanksgiving; 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Black Friday
- Belk – 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. Thanksgiving; 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Black Friday
- Five Below – 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Thanksgiving; 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Black Friday
- JCPenney – 2 p.m. Thanksgiving through 10 p.m. Black Friday
- Kmart – 6 a.m. to 12 a.m. Thanksgiving; 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Black Friday
- Kohl’s – 5 p.m. Thanksgiving through Black Friday. (Store hours may vary by location).