How does San Francisco rank?
We at Paragon believe in the veracity of numbers, but also in the value of humor. In that vein, we present an only-half-serious look at San Francisco’s rankings by a number of both objective and subjective criteria, according to a wide – and not necessarily 100 percent reliable – variety of sources.
The majority of these rankings were made within the last 2 to 3 years. Generally speaking, they are against other major U.S. cities or greater metro areas.
San Francisco is ranked …
· America’s best city (Bloomberg Businessweek)
· The second best metro in the country for resident “well-being” (Gallup/Healthways survey)
· America’s most pretentious city (Travel + Leisure reader survey)
· Last in children per capita (U.S. Census)
· Fifth best city for dogs (PawNation)
· Last in lawyers per capita by metro area (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
· First in homeless residents per capita (Philanthropedia)
· Third worst metro area commute (Texas A&M Transportation Institute)
Want more rankings? Check them out here.
Dreaming of San Francisco? Cece Blase offers local advice to San Francisco buyers, sellers and owners– and feeds the dreams of those who wish they could live in Tony Bennett’s ‘City by the Bay.’ Call 415-577-0809 or email email@example.com. www.ceceblase.com