Nine bits of trivia about me, your humble blogger
Here are nine totally inconsequential pieces of information about me – and a tenth at the end.
1. I was born on the 4th of July. This is not as advantageous as it may seem.
2. I grew up in Portola Valley and got a pony for my 8th birthday. I hated the pony. The pony hated me.
3. I sing cabaret and have done sets at Martuni’s in San Francisco and the Sheraton Hotel in Bangkok. I am always accompanied by Dorian Sarris on the piano.
3. I was active in community theater during high school and college. My best known roles were Aunt Eller in “Oklahoma”, Lucy in “You’re A Good Man Charlie Brown” and Marty in “Grease.”
4. I spent a year in Paris when I was in college and speak relatively fluent French. My alma mater is Bennington College in Vermont.
5. I sang in the choir at Glide Memorial Church in the early 90s. My star turn with them was the Annie Lennox/Al Green version of ”Put a Little Love in Your Heart.”
6. I raised a girl I met at Glide named Maia. Maia now has a daughter, Aviva. If you ever call me “Grandma” I will throw you out of my car.
6a. “Aviva” is a palindrome. I think that’s cool.
7. Without glasses or contacts I have the vision of a mole.
8. My friends think my husband is stunningly handsome. And they aren’t just being nice. Of course I agree with them.
9. I love home design but hate home renovation– and only do it when necessary. Instead, I like to spend my money on travel, fine dining and lavish gifts for friends.
And a tenth thing: I love what I do for a living! If you are looking to navigate the real estate waters, I would be honored to help you. Call me at (415) 577-0809 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.